Google Hangouts Tricks: Google Hangouts (formerly Google Talk) is Google’s online messaging and calling telephone/video platform. It was Google+ and Gmail’s default chat before Google+ was shut down. Google has been experimenting with Hangouts since then.
Must Known Google Hangouts Tricks on 2019 for Beginner
It’s Google’s response to Skype and Slack, forcing the company in the direction of the company. Google recently launched Hangouts Meet, which is specially designed for customers of GSuite. Hangouts are perhaps just an app for general people to talk about and video calls. But do you know that there are lots of secret tricks and tips on it and even easter eggs?
Easter eggs are secret features and resources in the software and gaming industry that are discovered by developers. These can only be reached by entering a unique code or in that way, clicking a set of buttons. The first Easter Egg was found in the Adventure game of Atari. In that game, developer Warren Robinett hid his name within the game even though Atari’s corporate rule said programmers were not included in the game’s credits. Easter Eggs have developed a lot since then, perhaps not even illegal things, but rather funny things to get the viewer excited.
With Easter Eggs, Google has never failed to surprise us.
List of Google Hangouts Tips & Tricks
- Google Hangouts has a timid dragon, not just adorable horses. To friend the shy dinosaur, type the /shydino button. You can make him stay as long as you like. But when the time has come to go, again use the same command.
- The Konami Code is a kind of cheat code that might unlock hidden things in the popular Konami games in the 90s. Likewise, the backdrop turns to a green scenic one if you use the system in Google Hangouts. Use the Konami software mentioned below with the arrow keys and hit Enter.
- When talking, everyone wants some fun, and what’s better than a running pony? Type the command/ponies in a Hangouts chat, and at the bottom of your screen, a pony will start racing. You can also make a herd of ponies race if that’s not enough for you. Only enter/pond stream and you will see a lot of ponies running at the bottom of the screen from both rights and left directions — type/ponystream to make them go away again.
- Have you ever caught in a discussion where you have no idea what to say next? Maybe the command /8ball will allow you to keep up the conversation. If you’re curious about that, it doesn’t invite the other person to play 8 Ball Pool with you. What it does is produce random text responses. Some of them include “Very dubious,” “As I see it, yes,” “Don’t tell you better now,” etc.
- There are links between Google and Gmail to the same users. Because of this, our family, colleagues, and associates are often mixed up with a bunch of others we probably don’t know about. But you knew that you could choose who to contact you? Go to the “Invitations” tab and pick preferences for your invite from the menu.
- For a while now, you may have been formatting your sentences on WhatsApp. Yet this feature has been available for Google Hangouts for years. It’s also the same commands for Microsoft Word here – Ctrl + B for Bold, Ctrl + I for Italic and Ctrl + U for focus. Such formatting features can even be used at once!
We’ve all played board games, and the Dice isn’t something we’ve been with for a long time. Google Hangouts has another order where you can roll a dice, and a random number will be shown. Type / roll and enter the button. A pop-up message will ensure that everybody sees the result in the conversation.
Roll a Dice You can roll double, triple or any number dice with any number sides if you want a more creative method. For example, type the command/roll3d6. This is going to roll three six-sided dice. Some other variations you can try are /roll5d20, which rolls five dice each with 20 sides.
- Corgis are fun dogs, and they even have them from Google App Hangouts. Just type the command/corgis or /corgi party to get a corgis animation at the bottom of your screen, as you might have guessed. Maybe the person you’re talking with likes dogs, and if you’re using this order, who knows?
- Google Hangouts is not a new platform for chatting. In fact, since the time of ASCII emojis, it has been here like:). You can still try those cool vintage emojis today. Some of the emojis producing commands include –/table flip, /facepalm,/shruggie, /deal with it,/success, /happy, /shame, /puppy party, /lit,/flower beam and more.
- Did the person you’re talking to say something that made you angry? To take revenge, there’s one thing you can do! Give them torches and pitchforks to an angry mob! Okay, at least by typing the command /pitchforks, you can do that digitally.
Pitchforks Upon pressing Enter, an angry mob is marching for vengeance for you from the bottom right to the bottom left of the screen.
You can even record and give your Hangouts conversation to your mates with this Angry Mob. Visit this site to do so.
- You’d definitely like this trick if you’re tired of the bland white background that Hangouts offers by default. You can switch yours and even the background chat colour of the other person by using the /bikeshed button. Enter the command several times and a new colour will appear each time. If the person you’re talking to doesn’t know about this order, watching them get shocked is going to be fun!
- No, I’m not referring to Taylor Swift’s new song before you even think about it, but with Google Hangouts, you can use the command/me to refer to yourself and then type a phrase. Type”/me is a great person,” for example, will emerge as a great person is < your name>. Is this not an excellent way to address yourself and, from time to time, offer a little praise as well?
It is essential to know that if and only if you write them as above, these commands will work. It should also be noted that some of these commands are going to work on the desktop, and the others are mobile-exclusive. You can test them out on your phone to see which ones are working for you.
So these were Google Hangouts ‘ top tricks and Easter eggs. We hope that after learning so many cool skills, you will be amazed. If we missed any of the methods or you discovered some of them, please feel free to comment below and share it with everyone!