Latest Walnut App is the best money manager & daily expense tracker to automatically and securely track your monthly spends. Stay within budget, pay bills on time and SAVE more every month. Find out how much you spend on food, shopping, groceries, etc. and how you are saving month on month.
Walnut Instant Personal Loans = No tension!
Eligible users get offered personal loans and ‘Walnut Prime‘ – an instant line of credit for your shopping, travel, large bills and any other purpose.
Interest rates for personal loans start from as low as 14% and go up to 22% per annum for personal loans ranging from 12 to 36 months tenure. For example, if you take a loan of Rs. 1 Lakh at an annual interest rate of 14% for a tenure of 24 months, your EMI will be around Rs. 4,802
How does Walnut work? Simple, the app analyses your SMS inbox on phone and detects important information like your spends, bills and even your travel bookings.
Features of Walnut App
- Take control of your MONEY and SAVE more – Answer the key questions of ‘What’, ‘How Much’ & ‘Where’ of your spends
- Keep a close track of credit card dues – no more surprises at the end of the billing cycle!
- SPLIT expenses with friends – The simplest bill split experience!
- TRANSFER MONEY using BHIM UPI – direct bank to bank money transfer, no more money stuck in wallets
- Find ATMs with Cash near you in real-time
- All expenses at a GLANCE – Banks Accounts, Credit Cards, Digital Wallets, Sodexo etc.
- EXPORT your data and generate expense reports (in PDF & CSV format)
- Check BANK BALANCES
- 50+ Indian banks and cards supported
- Keep track of train, cab, movie, event bookings and more
- Make your own custom categories to track expenses and quickly add cash spent too
- Add notes, tags and bill/receipt photos to transactions
- Easily search for expenses, tags or notes
- Lookup information on places you visit and share with friends and social networks
- Walnut does not read your personal SMSs or upload any sensitive data, see http://www.getwalnut.com/faq for more details
- Report your bank, card or any interesting messages right from within the app! We will quickly add support for these
Why Walnut needs the following permissions:
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
Explanation: Required for the Google Maps functionality to show the Active ATMs on a Map
READ_SMS & RECEIVE_SMS
Explanation: This is at the core of an automated expense manager, it automatically figures out the expenses from Bank transaction SMSs
Explanation: Required for auto-categorisation of your spends and to show you your spends & ATM location map
READ_CONTACTS (Optional for Android O and above)
Explanation: Required before Android O to fetch your email to login into the app.
Optionally, you can grant this permission if you use bill splits and payments feature.
SEND_SMS & READ_PHONE_STATE
Explanation: Required for phone number verification for BHIM UPI.