What's New in
Altimeter PRO Apk is frequently updating the app in order to give you the best GPS navigation app experience. Turn on auto-updates to ensure you always have the latest version.
- Enhanced precision
- Add option to continuously scan for better altitude
- Support app development by displaying non-obtrusive ads
Screenshots from the Apps
Information about Accurate Altimeter PRO Apk
|Size||Varies with device|
|Current Version||Varies with device|
Download the Latest Altimeter App for Android
More About the Apps
Altimeter Apps is a handy Android app allowing you to get true altitude above sea level at your current location. It requires access to your device location to get raw altitude from the GPS signal. Altitude is corrected using the EGM96 Earth Gravitational Model. Main features are :
• No network required (works offline and in-flight mode)
• True altitude above sea level (AMSL using EGM96)
• Know or Hide Address at the current location
• Altitude accuracy estimation
• Horizontal accuracy estimation
• Coordinates at your current location
• Universal Transverse Mercator coordinates support
Height above mean sea level (AMSL) is the elevation (on the ground) or altitude (in the air) of an object, relative to the average sea level datum. Normal GPS elevation considers the entire Earth as an ellipsoid and differences up to 100 metres (328 feet) can exist between this ellipsoid height and true mean tidal height. The alternative, which is what we use in Altimeter PRO, is a geoid-based vertical datum such as the global EGM96 model.
Altitude vertical accuracy is defined at 68% confidence. Specifically, as 1-side of the 2-sided range above and below the estimated altitude reported, within which there is a 68% probability of finding the true altitude.